Sarhan: Families of 138 Detained Children Complains about Delay in Applying Article 87 of Restorative Justice for Children
2023-03-17 - 8:50 م
Bahrain Mirror: Ibrahim Sarhan, the legal advisor of Salam for Democracy for Democracy and Human Rights, stated said that many families of detained children complain about the delay in applying Article 87 of Law No. 7 of 2021, which requires reducing their sentences.
Sarhan explained, in a tweet on "Twitter", that there are more than 183 detained children and sentenced to a penalty of deprivation of liberty, pointing out that if the article is applied correctly, the detainees will be released, even those who are sentenced to life in prison.
Sarhan wondered how "a temporary judicial committee concerned with commuting sentences under Article 30 of Law No. 2021 goes beyond its power when applying the law and violates all judicial and criminal laws, and adds further to a final verdict."
- 2023-06-06British MP Charged with Racially Aggravated Public Order Offence
- 2023-06-05Sheikh Al-Daihi: No One can Silence Bahraini People's Voice with Imprisonment, Torture and Killing
- 2023-06-05Friday Sermons at Imam Al-Sadiq Mosque Contains "Legal Violations", Justice Ministry Claims
- 2023-06-05Saudi Arabia Executes 3 Youths from Qatif over Fabricated Charges
- 2023-06-04MoI Threatens Al-Markh and Karimi Obsequies of Using Force if They Hold Events Commemorating Imam Khomeini