Danish MP Publishes His Photo Near Jaw Prison where Abdulhadi Al-Khawaja is Held
2023-03-17 - 2:13 م
Bahrain Mirror: Danish MP Karsten Hønge, who is taking part in the 146th inter-parliamentary union in Bahrain, called for the immediate release of prisoner of conscience, Abdulhadi Al-Khawaja, who holds the Danish citizenship.
Hønge said in a tweet: "Standing in front of the prison in Bahrain where Danish citizen Abdulhadi Al-Khawaja is serving a life sentence. His crime? Standing up for human rights and freedom of speech." He also attached a photo of him standing near Jaw Prison in Bahrain."
"Weakened by 12 years of torture everyday counts! Free Al-Khawaja now," he added.
Amnesty International sent an appeal yesterday to release prisoner of conscience Abdulhadi Al-Khawaja. Besides, Danish and Norwegian MPs participating in the IPU conference called on Bahrain to release Al-Khawaja and transfer him to Denmark to receive treatment after his health deteriorated.
- 2023-06-05Saudi Arabia Executes 3 Youths from Qatif over Fabricated Charges
- 2023-06-04MoI Threatens Al-Markh and Karimi Obsequies of Using Force if They Hold Events Commemorating Imam Khomeini
- 2023-06-02Ayatollah Qassim on Martyrs Sultan and Thamer: There are Great Heroes among Bahrain's People, Only Known after Martyrdom
- 2023-06-02Families of Martyrs Sultan and Thamer Demand Help of Bahraini Gov't to Return their Bodies from Saudi Arabia for Burial
- 2023-06-02Abdulwahab Hussein on Execution of Sultan and Thamer: We'll Neither Give Up Nor Retreat