Al-Wefaq: Saudi-Iranian Agreement Strategically Important to the Region
2023-03-11 - 2:04 م
Bahrain Mirror: The largest opposition party in Bahrain, Al-Wefaq National Islamic Society, has welcomed the recent agreement between Saudi Arabia and Iran to restore diplomatic relations and establish embassies within two months.
"The Kingdom of Saudi Arabia and the Islamic Republic of Iran are countries of great significance in the region due to the strategic roles they play at the levels of economy, security, politics and geography, which makes the agreement between them a subject of general satisfaction and opens the region to more stability and development," Al-Wefaq said in a statement.
It stressed that "the agreement paves the way for optimal investment opportunities for the region's wealth and constitutes an important force in the face of all security challenges, political stability, civilized dialogue and joint action for the benefit of the countries of the region and their peoples, who were eager to reach this important moment."
Al-Wefaq welcomed the agreement saying, "we look forward to a positive and effective role for the Islamic Republic and the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia to contribute to resolving the political crisis in our country, the Kingdom of Bahrain, which contributes to the stability of the region."
The society praised the "countries that contributed in pushing for the agreement, especially Iraq, Sultanate of Oman and China."
- 2023-06-02Families of Martyrs Sultan and Thamer Demand Help of Bahraini Gov't to Return their Bodies from Saudi Arabia for Burial
- 2023-06-02Abdulwahab Hussein on Execution of Sultan and Thamer: We'll Neither Give Up Nor Retreat
- 2023-06-01Protests in Manama after Execution of Bahrainis Sadiq Thamer and Jaafar Sultan at Hands of Saudi Authorities
- 2023-05-30Authorities Summon Head of Sanabis Ma'atam for Interrogation over Enthusiastic Reception of Sheikh Mohammad Sanqour
- 2023-05-30Amnesty: Sultan and Thamer Faced "Grossly Unfair" Trial