Abduljalil Khalil: Ministry of Ministry of Industry, Commerce & Tourism hasn't Developed Strategy for Industrial Zones since 2018
2023-02-08 - 4:59 م
Bahrain Mirror: Abduljalil Khalil, a leader in the Al-Wefaq National Islamic Society, said that the Ministry of Industry, Commerce and Tourism has not developed a strategy for industrial zones since 2018.
Khalil said, in series of tweets on "Twitter", that "the National Audit Office found that the Ministry of Industry and Commerce agreed to allocate some plots without obliging the investor to provide proof of his ability to finance the project, such as bank statement."
He pointed out that "the total rents due for industrial plots amounted to 3.7 million dinars, and most of the arrears exceeded the year as at 31 August 2021." He pointed out that "the ministry did not file any lawsuit and did not withdraw the plots, although there is a case where rents have not been paid for 6 years." He commented on the ministry's behavior, saying, "If a poor citizen doesn't pay the electricity bill on time, they cut it off."
He added that "the ministry did not control the industrial plots in the marina area leased to a company for a period of 50 years ending in 2056," explaining that the area of these industrial plots is "1.7 million square meters divided by the company into 167 plots."
He drew attention to the fact that the ministry has not taken any action against closed establishments or those that engage in an unlicensed activity."
- 2023-04-01Human Rights Council Working Group on Arbitrary Detention Demands Release of Naji Fateel
- 2023-04-01Amnesty's 2022 Annual Report: Bahrain Continues to Restrict Freedom of expression, Hold Prisoners and Torture Them
- 2023-04-01Cassation Court Hands Down One Month Jail Term to Citizen over "Insulting Public Employee"
- 2023-04-01Bahrain Buys US Weapons, Military Equipment Worth $350 Million amid High Public Debt, Taxes Hike
- 2023-03-29British MPs Launch Motion to Release Detained Figures in Bahrain on their 12th Anniversary of their Imprisonment