Bahrain's King Calls for Resolving Outstanding Issues with Qatar
2023-01-31 - 1:53 م
Bahrain Mirror: The King of Bahrain, Hamad bin Isa Al Khalifa, called for working toward resolving the outstanding issues with the State of Qatar, stressing the importance of adhering to the statement of the Saudi Al-Ula Summit.
In a speech he delivered as he presided over the Council of Ministers' meeting on Monday (January 30, 2023), the Bahraini King called for continued coordination with regards to the positions made by the GCC States "in all international forums," highlighting the need to "solve all outstanding issues between the Kingdom of Bahrain and the sisterly State of Qatar to achieve common aspirations of the citizens of both countries, and preserve the cohesion of the Cooperation Council of the Arab states of the Gulf as well as the security and stability of the region."
It is worth noting that Qatar decided to disregard Bahrain and its calls for dialogue since the Al-Ula agreement, and only normalized relations with Saudi Arabia, the UAE and Egypt, despite dozens of Bahraini calls and attempts to put an end to the dispute and normalize relations.
- 2023-03-20Abdulwahab Hussein Calls for Dedicating Day to Prisoners to be Commemorated Annually
- 2023-03-19Bahrain Almost Ignited Crisis with Cyprus by Raising Flag of Cypriot Territory occupied by Turkey in IPU Meetings
- 2023-03-17Sarhan: Families of 138 Detained Children Complains about Delay in Applying Article 87 of Restorative Justice for Children
- 2023-03-17Bahrain Ignores Danish Delegation Request to IPU to Visit Abdulhadi Al-Khawaja
- 2023-03-17Detainee Serving Life Term Sentence Calls on Int’l Monitors to Visit Prisons