Opposition Leader from Prison: I Appreciate Sheikh of Al-Azhar’s Call for Dialogue, We are Ready to Hold this Dialogue
2022-11-10 - 4:20 م
Bahrain Mirror: Bahraini opposition leader and Al-Wefaq Secretary-General, Sheikh Ali Salman, sent a letter from his prison cell to his eminence Sheikh of Al-Azhar regarding the call he launched during "Bahrain Forum for Dialogue: East and West for Human Coexistence".
"I highly appreciate your kind invitation to hasten holding a serious intra-Islamic dialogue in order to establish unity and rapprochement, a dialogue for religious and human fraternity, by which the causes of division, strife and sectarian conflict in particular are rejected. I also appreciate that your eminence, the senior scholars of Al-Azhar and the Muslim Council of Elders are ready to hold such a meeting with open hearts and outstretched hands, and to sit together at the same table to overcome the past and promote Islamic affairs and the unity of the Islamic position," the letter read.
Sheikh Ali Salman said in his letter issued by his media office today, November 10, 2022: "I declare our readiness, with open white hearts and tolerant hands extended to contribute seriously and effectively by all means, to hold this noble meeting at the earliest opportunity, rendering it a regular and stable forum for dialogue between different Islamic sects."
He stressed "I am confident that the Shia religious centers welcome this kind call, as such Shiite religious centers have always sought such a thing throughout their history of unity, brotherhood and Islamic coexistence."
- 2023-06-05Saudi Arabia Executes 3 Youths from Qatif over Fabricated Charges
- 2023-06-04MoI Threatens Al-Markh and Karimi Obsequies of Using Force if They Hold Events Commemorating Imam Khomeini
- 2023-06-02Ayatollah Qassim on Martyrs Sultan and Thamer: There are Great Heroes among Bahrain's People, Only Known after Martyrdom
- 2023-06-02Families of Martyrs Sultan and Thamer Demand Help of Bahraini Gov't to Return their Bodies from Saudi Arabia for Burial
- 2023-06-02Abdulwahab Hussein on Execution of Sultan and Thamer: We'll Neither Give Up Nor Retreat