Sheikh Al-Daihi: We Appreciate Pope's Calls to Counter Discrimination on Religious Basis, Abolish Death Penalty in Bahrain
2022-11-04 - 2:36 م
Bahrain Mirror: Deputy Secretary-General of Al-Wefaq National Islamic Society, Sheikh Hussein Al-Daihi, expressed his society's appreciation to Pope Francis' calls after arriving in Bahrain on Thursday to counter religious discrimination and protect constitutional obligations.
"We appreciate Pope Francis' call in Bahrain to combat discrimination on the basis of religion, not to violate fundamental human rights, guarantee the right to life in reference to death sentences, as well as respect and enforce constitutional obligations," said Sheikh Al-Daihi in an official statement through his official Twitter account.
"Bahrain is a country that represses religious tolerance and freedoms, and the path towards political partnership and social justice requires putting an end to political repression," he added.
- 2023-03-24Gov't to Refer General Budget to House of Representatives on Monday: Sources
- 2023-03-24On Int'l Day for the Right to the Truth, Salam Demands Revealing Violations
- 2023-03-24US State Department on HR Conditions in Bahrain: Ongoing Torture, Discrimination against Shiites
- 2023-03-23More than 30 Lawyers File Complaints to Prosecute Citizen under Pretext of "offending them"
- 2023-03-23NPRA Employee Sentenced to One Year in Jail for Disclosing Secrets and Photos of People