Urgent Letter from Detained Leaders Demanding UN Secretary-General to Immediately Interefe to Save Abduljalil Al-Singace's Life
2022-03-04 - 1:48 م
Bahrain Mirror: A number of detained political leaders in Bahrain issued an urgent appeal to the United Nations Secretary-General and United Nations High Commissioner for Human Rights asking them to intervene immediately to save the life of Dr. Abduljalil Al-Singace, who has been on hunger strike for nearly 250 days.
Human rights activist Maryam Al-Khawaja, daughter of activist Abdulhadi Al-Khawaja who is sentenced to life imprisonment, published the letters via her Twitter account.
"To the Secretary-General of the United Nations, Mr. Antonio Guterres, United Nations High Commissioner for Human Rights, Ms. Michelle Bachelet .We appeal to you to intervene immediately to save the life of our fellow prisoners of conscience, Dr. Abduljalil Al-Singace, who has been on hunger strike for nearly 250 days, and the news of his condition is alarming," the letter read.
The letter was issued by: Sheikh Ali Salman, Mr. Abdulwahab Hussein, Abdulhadi Al-Khawaja, Sheikh Abduljalil Al-Moqdad, Sheikh Mohammad Habib Al-Moqdad, Sheikh Abdulhadi Al-Mokhaawder, Sheikh Saeed Al-Nouri, Mohammad Ali Ismail and Sheikh Mirza Al-Mahrous.
- 2023-06-06British MP Charged with Racially Aggravated Public Order Offence
- 2023-06-05Sheikh Al-Daihi: No One can Silence Bahraini People's Voice with Imprisonment, Torture and Killing
- 2023-06-05Friday Sermons at Imam Al-Sadiq Mosque Contains "Legal Violations", Justice Ministry Claims
- 2023-06-05Saudi Arabia Executes 3 Youths from Qatif over Fabricated Charges
- 2023-06-04MoI Threatens Al-Markh and Karimi Obsequies of Using Force if They Hold Events Commemorating Imam Khomeini