UN Special Rapporteurs Submitted 23 Requests to Visit Bahrain, All of them Rejected
2022-01-21 - 4:19 م
Bahrain Mirror: Bahraini legal adviser Ibrahim Sarhan said that UN special rapporteurs submitted 23 requests to visit Bahrain, however, the authorities in Manama did not respond to any of these requests.
"In 10 years and since 2011, there have been 23 requests to visit Bahrain submitted by six special rapporteurs, three teams and one expert," Sarhan said via his Twitter account.
He added "There are requests and reminders of the requests. The Government of Bahrain has not accepted or allowed a single visit."
"The Working Group on Enforced or Involuntary Disappearances sent a reminder a few days ago to the Government of Bahrain about the request for a visit," Sarhan said.
- 2023-06-02Families of Martyrs Sultan and Thamer Demand Help of Bahraini Gov't to Return their Bodies from Saudi Arabia for Burial
- 2023-06-02Abdulwahab Hussein on Execution of Sultan and Thamer: We'll Neither Give Up Nor Retreat
- 2023-06-01Protests in Manama after Execution of Bahrainis Sadiq Thamer and Jaafar Sultan at Hands of Saudi Authorities
- 2023-05-30Authorities Summon Head of Sanabis Ma'atam for Interrogation over Enthusiastic Reception of Sheikh Mohammad Sanqour
- 2023-05-30Amnesty: Sultan and Thamer Faced "Grossly Unfair" Trial