European Union Criticizes Dire Human Right Condition in Bahrain
2020-11-21 - 8:52 م
Bahrain Mirror: The European Union has pledged to use all possible means to continue improving human rights in Bahrain.
The High Representative of the European Union remarks came in a statement in which he replied to a letter sent by MEPs regarding the "dire condition" of human rights in Bahrain.
Josep Borrell Fontelles, High Representative of the European Union (EU) for Foreign Affairs, referenced the issue of the two Bahraini prisoners who were sentenced to death, Mohammad Ramadan and Hussein Ali Mousa, stressing that the promotion and protection of human rights will occupy an essential dimension in the EU relationship with Bahrain.
Fontelles pointed to the dialogue which took place on 7 November 2019, between the EU and Bahrain in Brussels. "The discussions concentrated on the execution penalty, the right to just prosecution, arbitrary detention, torture, and ill-treatment," he confirmed.
- 2023-06-08Bahrain Stripped of FEI Endurance World Championship Title After Tribunal Decision
- 2023-06-06British MP Charged with Racially Aggravated Public Order Offence
- 2023-06-05Sheikh Al-Daihi: No One can Silence Bahraini People's Voice with Imprisonment, Torture and Killing
- 2023-06-05Friday Sermons at Imam Al-Sadiq Mosque Contains "Legal Violations", Justice Ministry Claims
- 2023-06-05Saudi Arabia Executes 3 Youths from Qatif over Fabricated Charges