Al-Wefaq Expresses Condolences over Death of Kuwait's Emir
2020-10-01 - 7:58 م
Bahrain Mirror: Al-Wefaq National Islamic Society, Bahrain's largest opposition political group, expressed condolences over the death of Kuwait's Emir, revealing his efforts to release its Secretary-General Sheikh Ali Salman after his arrest in December 2014.
Al-Wefaq said in a statement on Wednesday (September 30, 2020) "We cannot but recall his initiative in 2011 after the majority of Bahrainis took to the streets peacefully to demand democratic transition and freedoms. The Emir submitted an initiative to resolve and open the doors of dialogue, however, the authorities in Bahrain totally rejected it. Bahrain's situation is still distressing and unstable."
"The late Sheikh Sabah Al-Ahmad contacted Al-Wefaq when the Secretary-General of Al-Wefaq, Sheikh Ali Salman, was arrested in an effort to release him, but the regime faced this attempt with rejection and opposition," it added.
Al-Wefaq concluded its statement by saying that peoples and societies recall the deceased when they leave a good impact on their people and their families, and this is what the late Sheikh Sabah Al-Ahmad did, highlighting his rich history of supporting Bahrain on many humanitarian, livelihood and housing levels.
- 2023-06-08Bahrain Stripped of FEI Endurance World Championship Title After Tribunal Decision
- 2023-06-06British MP Charged with Racially Aggravated Public Order Offence
- 2023-06-05Sheikh Al-Daihi: No One can Silence Bahraini People's Voice with Imprisonment, Torture and Killing
- 2023-06-05Friday Sermons at Imam Al-Sadiq Mosque Contains "Legal Violations", Justice Ministry Claims
- 2023-06-05Saudi Arabia Executes 3 Youths from Qatif over Fabricated Charges