German Commissioner for Human Rights Urges Bahrain to Refrain from Carrying out Executions
2020-07-15 - 4:38 ص
Bahrain Mirror: The German Commissioner for Human Rights, Bärbel Kofler, has expressed disappointment at the death sentence the Court of Cassation issued against Mohammad Ramadan and Hussein Mousa.
Kofler called on "the government of Bahrain to refrain from carrying out executions and to re-adopt the de facto moratorium that existed between 2010 and 2016."
"The death penalty is a cruel and inhumane form of punishment that the Federal Government rejects in all circumstances," she said.
Since March 1, 2016, Bärbel Kofler has been the Federal Government Commissioner for Human Rights Policy and Humanitarian Assistance.
- 2023-05-293 HR Organizations: Saudi Execution of Two Detained Bahrainis is Extrajudicial Killing
- 2023-05-29Bahrain Scholars: Sadiq Thamer and Jaafar Sultan are Two of the Nation's Martyrs
- 2023-05-29Sheikh Ali Salman Offers Condolences to Parents of Two Martyrs Sadiq Thamer, Jaafar Sultan
- 2023-05-29ADHRB: Execution of Two Bahrainis Brings Total Number of Executions in Saudi Arabia to 38
- 2023-05-29BFHR: Saudi Arabia Executes Two Bahrainis after Sham Trial