King Hamad Pardons 16 Filipinos: Filipino Official
2020-06-01 - 6:15 م
Bahrain Mirror: Sixteen Filipinos detained in Bahrain have been granted royal pardon and will soon return to the country, a Palace official announced Sunday (May 31, 2020).
The President of the Philippines President Duterte issued a statement in which he expressed his gratitude to King Hamad bin Isa Al Khalifa of Bahrain for his "act of humanity" towards the imprisoned Filipinos.
The statement said that King Hamad granted Royal Pardon to 16 Filipinos in the Kingdom of Bahrain, including two who were pardoned on the occasion of Eid'l Fitr.
"His Majesty King Hamad Bin Isa Al Khalifa's forgiveness paves the way for the release of these 16 Filipinos and their return to the Philippines in due course," a Filipino official stated.
Back in March, the King of Bahrain pardoned a number of Filipinos as part of precautionary measures due to the outbreak of the new virus.
International human rights organizations urge Bahrain to release political prisoners in the light of the Coronavirus outbreak in the country.
- 2023-05-27Sheikh Ali Rahma: Scholars Don't Intend to Harass Anyone When Performing their Legitimate Duty
- 2023-05-27Palestinian Prisoners Information Office Pays Tribute to Sheikh Mohammad Sanqour
- 2023-05-27900 Unemployed Bahraini Engineers, Gov't Still Refuses Bahrainization of Jobs
- 2023-05-27Diraz: Mass Protest after Friday Prayer Condemning Sheikh Sanqour's Arrest, Normalization with Zionists
- 2023-05-25Four Detained Scholars Including Al-Wefaq Secretary-General: Sheikh Mohammad Sanqour's Arrest Aims at Silencing Voice of Truth