Khalid bin Ahmed Dismissed from Foreign Affairs Ministry, Abdullatif Al-Zayani Appointed as Minister
2020-01-03 - 2:31 ص
Bahrain Mirror: King Hamad bin Isa Al Khalifa dismissed on Thursday (January 2, 2020) Bahraini Foreign Minister, Khalid bin Ahmed Al Khalifa, from his post and appointed former Secretary-General of the Gulf Cooperation Council Abdullatif bin Rashid Al-Zayani.
Bahrain News Agency said that Crown Prince informed Al-Zayani of the King's wishes to appoint him Minister of Foreign Affairs.
Khalid bin Ahmed Al Khalifa has been the foreign minister since 2005. His predecessor as foreign minister, Muhammad bin Mubarak, had served in that position since independence in 1971. Reasons behind Khalid's dismissal are still vague.
Reuters said that Khalid bin Ahmed has been appointed as diplomatic adviser to the king.
- 2023-03-24Gov't to Refer General Budget to House of Representatives on Monday: Sources
- 2023-03-24On Int'l Day for the Right to the Truth, Salam Demands Revealing Violations
- 2023-03-24US State Department on HR Conditions in Bahrain: Ongoing Torture, Discrimination against Shiites
- 2023-03-23More than 30 Lawyers File Complaints to Prosecute Citizen under Pretext of "offending them"
- 2023-03-23NPRA Employee Sentenced to One Year in Jail for Disclosing Secrets and Photos of People