BICI Physician Asks King not to Sentence Mohammad Ramadan and Hussein Mousa to Death, Allow him Examine them
2019-12-25 - 4:11 م
Bahrain Mirror (Exclusive): Forensic physician Allen Keller appealed the king not to sentence Hussein Mousa and Mohammad Ramadan to death.
Keller sent a letter to the king, via Twitter, in which he asked that Mohammad Ramadan and Hussein Mousa not be sentenced to death and verdict not be executed.
"It is my understanding there are serious allegations that [Mohammad] Ramadan and [Hussein] Mousa were subjected to torture," Keller wrote in his letter.
He added "In 2011, I had the privilege of serving as a forensic expert on torture for the Bahrain Independent Commission of Inquiry (BICI)."
Keller said that he is willing to travel to Bahrain to examine Ramadan and Mousa as well as any other prisoners if this would be helpful and useful.
BICI revealed in its report that a number of prisoners had been tortured and forced to say confessions.
- 2023-06-02Ayatollah Qassim on Martyrs Sultan and Thamer: There are Great Heroes among Bahrain's People, Only Known after Martyrdom
- 2023-06-02Families of Martyrs Sultan and Thamer Demand Help of Bahraini Gov't to Return their Bodies from Saudi Arabia for Burial
- 2023-06-02Abdulwahab Hussein on Execution of Sultan and Thamer: We'll Neither Give Up Nor Retreat
- 2023-06-01Protests in Manama after Execution of Bahrainis Sadiq Thamer and Jaafar Sultan at Hands of Saudi Authorities
- 2023-05-30Authorities Summon Head of Sanabis Ma'atam for Interrogation over Enthusiastic Reception of Sheikh Mohammad Sanqour