Houthis Say they Launched Drone Attacks on a Saudi Airport; Saudi TV Says Drone Intercepted
2019-08-17 - 2:41 م
Bahrain Mirror- Reuters: Yemen's Houthis launched more drone attacks on Saudi Arabia's Abha international airport on Friday, halting air traffic there, the Iran-aligned group's military spokesman said.
Saudi authorities did not immediately comment on the reported attacks and disruption to air traffic at the airport, which is in the southwest of Saudi Arabia about 150 kilometers (95 miles) from the border with Yemen.
However, later on Friday Saudi state television cited the Saudi-led coalition fighting the Houthis in Yemen as saying that a Houthi drone targeting the kingdom had been intercepted and downed. The television did not mention the airport.
- 2022-07-07Israel Reaches Record Trade Increase With Arab States Under Abraham Accords
- 2022-06-10Israeli PM Bennett Visits Abu Dhabi, Meets with UAE President
- 2022-06-10Israelis to be Allowed into Qatar for World Cup, Officials Say
- 2022-06-06Biden should not Visit Saudi, Meet Crown Prince: US Lawmaker Adam Schiff
- 2022-06-01Israel Signs UAE Free Trade Deal, Its First in Arab World