Lord Ahmad Expresses Deep Concern over Execution of 3 Men in Bahrain
2019-07-29 - 6:39 م
Bahrain Mirror: The Minister of State for Human Rights Lord Tariq Ahmad of Wimbledon expressed deep concern and regret that these executions were carried out in Bahrain.
Lord Ahmad indicated in a press statement that "the UK remains firmly opposed to the death penalty," adding that "the Bahraini authorities remain fully aware of the UK's position."
He stressed that "we will continue to engage with Bahrain on this issue bilaterally and at the UN Human Rights Council."
- 2023-03-24Gov't to Refer General Budget to House of Representatives on Monday: Sources
- 2023-03-24On Int'l Day for the Right to the Truth, Salam Demands Revealing Violations
- 2023-03-24US State Department on HR Conditions in Bahrain: Ongoing Torture, Discrimination against Shiites
- 2023-03-23More than 30 Lawyers File Complaints to Prosecute Citizen under Pretext of "offending them"
- 2023-03-23NPRA Employee Sentenced to One Year in Jail for Disclosing Secrets and Photos of People