Political Prisoners in Building 13 in Jaw Prison Beaten, Insulted, Transferred to Solitary Confinement
2019-07-23 - 4:02 م
Bahrain Mirror: Human rights activist Ibtisam Al-Saegh confirmed that a number of prisoners in building 13 in Jaw Central Prison were beaten, insulted and put in solitary confinement after demanding their rights.
She added on her Instagram account on Sunday (July 21, 2019) that detainees "Hussein Al-Sehlawi, Mohammad Serhan, Salman Ismail, Ali Al-Ghanemi and Ayman Eblis" were transferred to solitary confinement after being beaten, insulted and threatened.
Al-Saegh called on the authorities to conduct an urgent investigation that ensures holding perpetrators accountable and imposes the application of minimum rules for the treatment of prisoners, and to allow them receive their rights.
- 2023-03-20Abdulwahab Hussein Calls for Dedicating Day to Prisoners to be Commemorated Annually
- 2023-03-19Bahrain Almost Ignited Crisis with Cyprus by Raising Flag of Cypriot Territory occupied by Turkey in IPU Meetings
- 2023-03-17Sarhan: Families of 138 Detained Children Complains about Delay in Applying Article 87 of Restorative Justice for Children
- 2023-03-17Bahrain Ignores Danish Delegation Request to IPU to Visit Abdulhadi Al-Khawaja
- 2023-03-17Detainee Serving Life Term Sentence Calls on Int’l Monitors to Visit Prisons