Yousif Al-Muhafda in Dublin University: Bahraini Judiciary Takes Part in Torture Policy
2019-06-27 - 4:04 م
Bahrain Mirror: Vice President of Salam organization Yousif Al-Muhafda said on Wednesday (June 25, 2019) that the judiciary takes part in the vast torture policy in Bahrain.
Al-Muhafda said during a symposium in the Irish capital, Dublin, that the court ignores torture complaints of victims at hands of security forces during detention or at hands of public prosecution.
He stressed that the judges ignored the torture claims, harassment and sexual assault reported by the defendants or their lawyers.
Al-Mufahda said that the authorities in Bahrain practice widespread torture without deterrence, noting that the national security agency urges victims to tell society that they were tortured and sexually assaulted for the purpose of intimidating others.
Despite international calls, nothing indicates that the authorities in Bahrain are working to put an end to the systematic torture or impunity policies or stopping the humiliation of victims, he stressed.
- 2023-03-20Abdulwahab Hussein Calls for Dedicating Day to Prisoners to be Commemorated Annually
- 2023-03-19Bahrain Almost Ignited Crisis with Cyprus by Raising Flag of Cypriot Territory occupied by Turkey in IPU Meetings
- 2023-03-17Sarhan: Families of 138 Detained Children Complains about Delay in Applying Article 87 of Restorative Justice for Children
- 2023-03-17Bahrain Ignores Danish Delegation Request to IPU to Visit Abdulhadi Al-Khawaja
- 2023-03-17Detainee Serving Life Term Sentence Calls on Int’l Monitors to Visit Prisons