Court Upholds Verdict Issued against Detainee Zeinab Makki Marhoun
2019-02-28 - 8:33 م
Bahrain Mirror: The regime's courts upheld on Tuesday (February 26, 2019) the one-year jail verdict issued against Bahraini detainee Zeinab Makki as well as revoking her citizenship.
Human rights activist said on her Instagram page that Makki "spent more than 10 months in detention and has to serve the rest of her sentence," indicating that "Zeinab's children are without a care due to the absence of their father who is sentenced to 7 years in jail and revoked of his citizenship".
The security authorities arrested Zeinab on January 15, 2019 from the court room, so that she would serve the period left of her prison term, after temporarily releasing her, while her trial continued about 9 months after her arrest along with her husband Amin Al-Mansi.
Human rights activists confirm that Zeinab's confessions were extracted under torture.
The security authorities arrested in August 2018 four members from family of martyr Fadel Abbas, including Zeinab Makki Marhoun and her husband.
- 2023-05-27Sheikh Ali Rahma: Scholars Don't Intend to Harass Anyone When Performing their Legitimate Duty
- 2023-05-27Palestinian Prisoners Information Office Pays Tribute to Sheikh Mohammad Sanqour
- 2023-05-27900 Unemployed Bahraini Engineers, Gov't Still Refuses Bahrainization of Jobs
- 2023-05-27Diraz: Mass Protest after Friday Prayer Condemning Sheikh Sanqour's Arrest, Normalization with Zionists
- 2023-05-25Four Detained Scholars Including Al-Wefaq Secretary-General: Sheikh Mohammad Sanqour's Arrest Aims at Silencing Voice of Truth