Strike in Dry Dock Prison over Removing Women's Hijab while being Searched by Female Police
2019-02-18 - 7:55 م
Bahrain Mirror: Human rights activists in Bahrain said that a number of political detainees in Dry Dock Prison stopped attending family visits.
This strike comes in protest against the degrading searching process their families are subjected to. Information indicated that female police officers make the women visiting take off their veil and abaya under searching pretext.
A large number of political prisoners in Jaw prison have stopped attending family visits for a while now in protest against the humiliating treatment their families receive by the security authorities.
- 2023-06-02Ayatollah Qassim on Martyrs Sultan and Thamer: There are Great Heroes among Bahrain's People, Only Known after Martyrdom
- 2023-06-02Families of Martyrs Sultan and Thamer Demand Help of Bahraini Gov't to Return their Bodies from Saudi Arabia for Burial
- 2023-06-02Abdulwahab Hussein on Execution of Sultan and Thamer: We'll Neither Give Up Nor Retreat
- 2023-06-01Protests in Manama after Execution of Bahrainis Sadiq Thamer and Jaafar Sultan at Hands of Saudi Authorities
- 2023-05-30Authorities Summon Head of Sanabis Ma'atam for Interrogation over Enthusiastic Reception of Sheikh Mohammad Sanqour