Bahraini Premier Receives Telephone Call from Thai Counterpart
2019-02-11 - 4:20 م
Bahrain Mirror: The Bahraini Prime Minister Prince Khalifa bin Salman Al Khalifa received a telephone call from his Thai counterpart, General Prayut Chan-o-cha, on Sunday (February 10, 2019).
This comes amid rising global pressure against Bangkok to release the detained Bahraini football player, who has refugee status in Australia, Hakeem Al-Araibi, and prevent his return to Bahrain.
Earlier that morning, Thai Prime Minister sent the Thai FM as head of a diplomatic delegation to Bahrain, without an official announcement of the visit.
The Thai minister met with Bahraini Prime Minister Khalifa bin Salman and Crown Prince Salman bin Hamad.
Thailand has called on Bahrain and Australia to talk directly about the Hakeem case and find a solution to it, after stressing that it found itself in the middle of a case involving both Australia and Bahrain competing for Mr Hakeem's custody.
- 2023-03-28HR Organizations Call for Activating "Magnitsky Act" to Hold Perpetrators of Violations Accountable
- 2023-03-28Sayed Al-Ghuraifi Calls for Purifying Climate, Initiating Serious Dialogues
- 2023-03-28Maryam Al-Khawaja: Bahrain Regime Setting up Circumstances to Cause Death of My Father and Other Prisoners, West Government Should Move before It's Late
- 2023-03-26Sheikh Al-Sadadi Calls to Make Use of Holy Month of Ramadan to Resolve Outstanding Issues, Release Prisoners
- 2023-03-24Gov't to Refer General Budget to House of Representatives on Monday: Sources
التعليقات المنشورة لا تعبر بالضرورة عن رأي الموقع
comments powered by Disqus