13 Citizens Receive 5-Year Jail Term
2018-11-19 - 9:44 م
Bahrain Mirror: A Bahraini court issued on Sunday (November 18, 2018) 5-year jail term against 13 citizens.
The court said that the 13 defendants burnt a police car and assembled in Abu Saiba.
A number of international human rights organizations see that Bahrain uses jurisdiction as a retaliatory and punitive tool. Human Rights Watch describes jurisdiction in Bahrain as a system of injustice and says that Bahrain's courts play a key role in maintaining the country's highly repressive political order, routinely sentencing peaceful protesters to long prison terms.
- 2021-08-04Appeals Court Upholds 2-Year Jail Verdict against Mohammad Al-Zayani
- 2021-04-17Only 3-Year Prison Term Handed Down to Three Bahrainis who Joined ISIS
- 2021-04-16Bahraini Sentenced to 10 Years in Prison, Charged with Throwing Molotov Cocktail at Police Car
- 2021-04-09Bahrain Court Fines 5 Members of Prisoners' Families 1,000 BD Each for Violating Ban on Gatherings
- 2020-11-19Sheikh Ibrahim Al-Ansari Receives 6-Month Jail Term over Religious Lecture