Bahraini FM: Target is Saudi Arabia Rather than Seeking Truth
2018-10-15 - 6:48 م
Bahrain Mirror: Bahraini Minister of Foreign Affairs Khalid bin Ahmed Al Khalifa said that his country supports Saudi Arabia and attacked the Qatari Al-Jazeera channel, saying that it is not possible to reconcile with Qatar's policy.
Khalid bin Ahmed said via his Twitter account "the target is Saudi Arabia rather than looking for any truth. Drop your masks, we are with Saudi Arabia, our souls." He added "the hostility of Al-Jazeera against Saudi Arabia, and its continuous lies reflect a Qatari policy which cannot be reconciled with."
The minister didn't mention a specific topic, however, his tweets come at a time when the crisis of the disappearance of Saudi journalist Jamal Khashoggi, who visited the Saudi consulate in Istanbul, on October 2, 2018, intensifies.
"We always stand by Saudi Arabia, because it is a stand of honor, dignity, stability and hope" tweeted the Emirate Minister of Foreign Affairs Sheikh Abdullah bin Zayed, without being specific.
This came after a tweet by UAE Minister of Foreign Affairs Anwar Gargash, who said that "the fierce campaign on Riyadh is expected as well as coordination among its instigators, and as there is a need to demonstrate the reality of the human dimension of the scene, the repercussions of the political targeting of Saudi Arabia will be disastrous for who fuels it. The success of Saudi Arabia is the first choice for the region and its people."
- 2023-03-24Gov't to Refer General Budget to House of Representatives on Monday: Sources
- 2023-03-24On Int'l Day for the Right to the Truth, Salam Demands Revealing Violations
- 2023-03-24US State Department on HR Conditions in Bahrain: Ongoing Torture, Discrimination against Shiites
- 2023-03-23More than 30 Lawyers File Complaints to Prosecute Citizen under Pretext of "offending them"
- 2023-03-23NPRA Employee Sentenced to One Year in Jail for Disclosing Secrets and Photos of People