Prominent Shiite Cleric Sheikh Mahmoud Al-A’ali Released after Serving his Prison Term
2018-07-02 - 8:00 م
Bahrain Mirror: The Bahraini security authorities released on Sunday (July 1, 2018) President of Islamic Ulama Council prominent Sheikh Mahmoud Al-A'ali after serving his 6-month jail term over the background of participating in Diraz sit-in.
Activists said that Sheikh Al-A'ali will receive congratulators today (Monday, July 2, 2018) at Al-Hajj Hasan Al-A'ali obsequy from 8 to 11 PM.
The authorities arrested Sheikh Al-A'ali from the courtroom on Tuesday (January 2, 2018) after upholding his 6-month jail term over expressing support with the highest religious authority in Bahrain Ayatollah Sheikh Isa Qassim, after his citizenship was revoked and was referred to trial due to practicing Shiite Khums ritual.
- 2023-03-28HR Organizations Call for Activating "Magnitsky Act" to Hold Perpetrators of Violations Accountable
- 2023-03-28Sayed Al-Ghuraifi Calls for Purifying Climate, Initiating Serious Dialogues
- 2023-03-28Maryam Al-Khawaja: Bahrain Regime Setting up Circumstances to Cause Death of My Father and Other Prisoners, West Government Should Move before It's Late
- 2023-03-26Sheikh Al-Sadadi Calls to Make Use of Holy Month of Ramadan to Resolve Outstanding Issues, Release Prisoners
- 2023-03-24Gov't to Refer General Budget to House of Representatives on Monday: Sources