Delegation from US Embassy Visits Muharraq Security Complex that Witnessed Torture of Activists, Meets Fawaz Al-Hassan
2018-05-01 - 9:42 م
Bahrain Mirror: Bahrain's Ministry of Interior said that a US delegation visited on Monday (April 30, 2018) Muharraq security complex that witnessed last year the summoning and torturing of dozens, including human rights activist Ibtisam Al-Saegh and that is known as the new headquarters for the National Security Agency.
The ministry said that the delegation met Director-General of Muharraq Governorate Police, Fawaz Al-Hassan who briefed the delegation on community service experience, including the concept and duties of the community police.
Organizations accused Al-Hassan of being responsible for the torture activists were subjected to, noting that the torture included sexual harassment. The accusations at Muharraq police station were a matter of international concern.
The delegation expressed appreciation of the experience, citing readiness to exchange expertise and successful experiences between the two friendly countries, the ministry further stated.
- 2023-05-27Sheikh Ali Rahma: Scholars Don't Intend to Harass Anyone When Performing their Legitimate Duty
- 2023-05-27Palestinian Prisoners Information Office Pays Tribute to Sheikh Mohammad Sanqour
- 2023-05-27900 Unemployed Bahraini Engineers, Gov't Still Refuses Bahrainization of Jobs
- 2023-05-27Diraz: Mass Protest after Friday Prayer Condemning Sheikh Sanqour's Arrest, Normalization with Zionists
- 2023-05-25Four Detained Scholars Including Al-Wefaq Secretary-General: Sheikh Mohammad Sanqour's Arrest Aims at Silencing Voice of Truth