NIHR Continues to Train National Security Agency Involved in Torture of Dissidents
2018-04-01 - 3:10 ص
Bahrain Mirror: Bahrain's National Institute for Human Rights (NIHR) has continued to train National Security Agency personnel by organizing a workshop for the third group of the Agency's recruits on the Convention against Torture and Other Cruel, Inhuman or Degrading Treatment or Punishment as part of its training program for the NSA personnel on human rights, which involves the training of 160 staff members.
A statement issued by the Institute said that the workshop presented by Dr. Mohamed Hammad Al-Hiti, Head of the Public Law Department at the University of Bahrain Faculty of Law, addressed a number of topics including the International Convention Against Torture, the International Covenant on Civil and Political Rights, the international vision and the Bahraini legislators' view towards it.
The special National Security Agency program is held from January to September 2018.
It is noteworthy that prominent human rights organizations have documented the torture of political opponents and prominent activists by the National Security Agency during 2017 specifically.
- 2023-05-27Sheikh Ali Rahma: Scholars Don't Intend to Harass Anyone When Performing their Legitimate Duty
- 2023-05-27Palestinian Prisoners Information Office Pays Tribute to Sheikh Mohammad Sanqour
- 2023-05-27900 Unemployed Bahraini Engineers, Gov't Still Refuses Bahrainization of Jobs
- 2023-05-27Diraz: Mass Protest after Friday Prayer Condemning Sheikh Sanqour's Arrest, Normalization with Zionists
- 2023-05-25Four Detained Scholars Including Al-Wefaq Secretary-General: Sheikh Mohammad Sanqour's Arrest Aims at Silencing Voice of Truth
التعليقات المنشورة لا تعبر بالضرورة عن رأي الموقع
comments powered by Disqus