Mohmmad Ali Injured since his Arrest on Feb.14, Hasn’t Received Treatment Yet

2018-03-01 - 12:45 ص

Bahrain Mirror: Family of injured Mohammad Ahmad Ali launched an appeal in which they demanded the Bahraini authorities to allow him receive treatment, after he sustained a direct shotgun pellet, during clamping down a peaceful protest on 14th of February.

Family of Mohammad Ahmad Ali said that he was arrested after he sustained shotgun pellet and was taken to unknown place, human rights activist Ebtisam Al-Saegh reported.

The family received later a call from Al-Budai police station stating that their son is found there. The family were asked to immediately come to the station and bring their son clothes. They were not allowed to meet their son and were only told that their son sustained "minor injury and he is receiving needed treatment."

On the following day, the detainee was transferred to Hamad Town police station, roundabout 17. The family were told that their son will be presented to the prosecution and will be transferred later to Dry Dock Prison. They were also told that their son will call them from the prison, however, none of this happened.

On February 16, the family contacted Hamad Town Police Station, who, in their turn, transferred the family to Al-Budai police station, where they were told that their son was transferred to Dry Dock Prison and that he is banned from visitations. This increased the family's concerns.

The family further stated "we received a phone call from one of the detainees in Dry Dock Prison at that night, telling us that Mohammad was just brought and that his health is failing. We knew later that he was held in the recovery room throughout that period due to his weak pulse."

The family went on to say that "On Monday, February 19, 2018 morning, we received the first phone call from our son. He told us that he is exhausted and can't move or sleep. He also told us that he didn't receive treatment despite his continuous attempts with policemen and officers who only gave him painkillers. We immediately headed to Dry Dock Prison and we were allowed to meet him, after insistence, under heavy guard, for 15 minutes only. He couldn't move and he had serious injury in his left leg. We left the prison deeply concerned. We went to the Ombudsman to file a complaint to allow him receive needed treatment. However, he hasn't been treated until now."

Arabic Version


التعليقات المنشورة لا تعبر بالضرورة عن رأي الموقع

comments powered by Disqus