Bahrain Seeks New F-16Vs, Upgrade of Existing Fighters, Agency
2017-09-14 - 3:10 ص
Bahrain Mirror: The Kingdom of Bahrain seeks to strengthen its air force with the purchase of 19 F-16V aircraft and upgrade of 20 more F-16s in its fleet, reported United Press International (UPI).
The proposed purchase and upgrades- worth a combined total of $3.867 billion, will come under two U.S. Foreign Military Sales contracts approved by the U.S. State Department.
The possible deals were reported to Congress Friday by the U.S. Defense Security and Cooperation Agency, which manages the FMS program.
"The proposed sale improves Bahrain's capability to meet current and future threats," said the Defense Security Cooperation Agency. "Bahrain will use the capability as a deterrent to regional threats and to strengthen its homeland defense."
"This purchase of F-16Vs will improve interoperability with United States and other regional allies," it added.
The proposed contract for the 19 F-16Vs, worth $2.785 billion, includes M61 Vulcan 20mm gun systems; F-110-GE-129 engines; APG-83 active electronically scanned array radars; modular mission computers; GPS navigation systems; and missile launchers. U.S. government and contractor technical support, logistics would also part of the deal.
Under the second contract - value $1.082 billion - 20 F-16 Block 40 aircraft of the Royal Bahraini Air Force, would be upgraded to the "V" configuration. The modernization inclides new F-110-GE-129 engines, AESA radars; modular mission computers and other equipment feature in the order for new aircraft. The prime contractor would be Lockheed Martin.
- 2023-06-06British MP Charged with Racially Aggravated Public Order Offence
- 2023-06-05Sheikh Al-Daihi: No One can Silence Bahraini People's Voice with Imprisonment, Torture and Killing
- 2023-06-05Friday Sermons at Imam Al-Sadiq Mosque Contains "Legal Violations", Justice Ministry Claims
- 2023-06-05Saudi Arabia Executes 3 Youths from Qatif over Fabricated Charges
- 2023-06-04MoI Threatens Al-Markh and Karimi Obsequies of Using Force if They Hold Events Commemorating Imam Khomeini
التعليقات المنشورة لا تعبر بالضرورة عن رأي الموقع
comments powered by Disqus