Press Conference for Bahraini Governmental Institution: Prisons are Free from Torture
2017-09-11 - 9:43 م
Bahrain Mirror: Days after Amnesty issued its report in which it confirmed that Bahrain oppresses its dissidents, a Bahraini governmental institution asserted that prisons are free from any form of systematic torture and ill-treatment.
The National Institution for Human Right (NIHR) said in a press conference that "the reformation, rehabilitation and detention centers for women are free from any form of systematic torture or abuse against inmates regardless of the nature of their sentences".
The institution, whose members are assigned by the king, announced that it has paid an unannounced visit to the centers in coordination with the Interior Ministry.
Amnesty's report entitled "No One Can Protect You" stressed that Bahrain tortured dissident activists.
The NIHR announced a week ago that it will organize a press conference to reveal new successes in the Bahraini human rights file.
- 2023-06-02Ayatollah Qassim on Martyrs Sultan and Thamer: There are Great Heroes among Bahrain's People, Only Known after Martyrdom
- 2023-06-02Families of Martyrs Sultan and Thamer Demand Help of Bahraini Gov't to Return their Bodies from Saudi Arabia for Burial
- 2023-06-02Abdulwahab Hussein on Execution of Sultan and Thamer: We'll Neither Give Up Nor Retreat
- 2023-06-01Protests in Manama after Execution of Bahrainis Sadiq Thamer and Jaafar Sultan at Hands of Saudi Authorities
- 2023-05-30Authorities Summon Head of Sanabis Ma'atam for Interrogation over Enthusiastic Reception of Sheikh Mohammad Sanqour
التعليقات المنشورة لا تعبر بالضرورة عن رأي الموقع
comments powered by Disqus