Int’l Organizations Call to Stand in Solidarity with Nabeel Rajab in front of Bahraini Embassy in London
2017-09-05 - 9:48 م
Bahrain Mirror-Exclusive: International human rights organizations called to stand in solidarity with prominent human rights activist Nabeel Rajab on Monday (September 11, 2017) at 10 AM in front of the Bahraini embassy in London, to show support for Rajab and for free expression in Bahrain.
The organizations indicated that on 11 September, leading human rights defender Nabeel Rajab will face yet another hearing in Bahrain. If found guilty, he could face up to 15 years in prison for comments made on Twitter.
They pointed out that Rajab was unable to attend his court hearing on 10 July 2017 due to ill health, but was nevertheless sentenced to two years in prison despite his absence.
The organizations that called for this stand are: Amnesty International, Bahrain Institute for Rights and Democracy, English PEN, Index on Censorship and Reporters Without Borders
- 2023-06-08Bahrain Stripped of FEI Endurance World Championship Title After Tribunal Decision
- 2023-06-06British MP Charged with Racially Aggravated Public Order Offence
- 2023-06-05Sheikh Al-Daihi: No One can Silence Bahraini People's Voice with Imprisonment, Torture and Killing
- 2023-06-05Friday Sermons at Imam Al-Sadiq Mosque Contains "Legal Violations", Justice Ministry Claims
- 2023-06-05Saudi Arabia Executes 3 Youths from Qatif over Fabricated Charges
التعليقات المنشورة لا تعبر بالضرورة عن رأي الموقع
comments powered by Disqus