Tehran Says Manama’s Claims are Baseless and Ridiculous, Advises Authorities to Abandon Oppression & Efforts to Divert Popular Protests
2017-08-27 - 12:19 ص
Bahrain Mirror: The Spokesman for Iranian Foreign Ministry Bahram Ghasemi deemed the claims raised by Bahrain against Iran "as baseless and ridiculous," calling on the Bahraini authorities to abandon oppression, torture and efforts to distract attention from peaceful protests of the people of Bahrain.
"The Islamic Republic of Iran has never been spreading violent and destabilizing measure in its neighbor countries including Bahrain," said Ghasemi on Friday.
His remarks came after Bahraini officials accused Iran of being involved in supporting terrorist cells in the tiny island.
"Simultaneous with what international human rights organizations have exposed about widespread use of torture against political prisoners in Bahrain, once again the Bahraini government is projecting with inappropriate, false, and unprovable claims," the Iranian diplomat added.
Ghasemi advised Bahraini rulers to abandon oppression, torture, efforts to distract attention from peaceful protests of the people of Bahrain, and failed security and military ways. Instead, Ghasemi proposed to Bahraini rulers that it is better for them to solve their problems with their people through dialogue, interaction, civil methods, and reconciliatory methods.
- 2023-06-02Families of Martyrs Sultan and Thamer Demand Help of Bahraini Gov't to Return their Bodies from Saudi Arabia for Burial
- 2023-06-02Abdulwahab Hussein on Execution of Sultan and Thamer: We'll Neither Give Up Nor Retreat
- 2023-06-01Protests in Manama after Execution of Bahrainis Sadiq Thamer and Jaafar Sultan at Hands of Saudi Authorities
- 2023-05-30Authorities Summon Head of Sanabis Ma'atam for Interrogation over Enthusiastic Reception of Sheikh Mohammad Sanqour
- 2023-05-30Amnesty: Sultan and Thamer Faced "Grossly Unfair" Trial
التعليقات المنشورة لا تعبر بالضرورة عن رأي الموقع
comments powered by Disqus