AP: Bahrain Hackers Post Threats on Foreign Minister’s Twitter
2017-06-04 - 6:15 ص
Bahrain Mirror - AP: Hackers allied to Shiite militants in Bahrain have apparently gained access to the Twitter account of its foreign minister, posting a series of threats to the island's royal family.
Early Saturday, posts on Foreign Minister Khalid Al Khalifa's accounts included videos and a photograph of rifle ammunition with note saying militants planned to make "castles out of your skulls." Some material bore the logo of Mokhtar Brigade, a militant group that has claimed bombings in the past.
Bahrain's government did not immediately respond to a request for comment.
The threats come as Bahrain is in the midst of a major crackdown on dissent as authorities target activists, political groups and others.
Bahrain is home to the U.S. Navy's 5th Fleet and an under-construction British naval base.
- 2023-04-01Amnesty's 2022 Annual Report: Bahrain Continues to Restrict Freedom of expression, Hold Prisoners and Torture Them
- 2023-04-01Cassation Court Hands Down One Month Jail Term to Citizen over "Insulting Public Employee"
- 2023-04-01Bahrain Buys US Weapons, Military Equipment Worth $350 Million amid High Public Debt, Taxes Hike
- 2023-03-29British MPs Launch Motion to Release Detained Figures in Bahrain on their 12th Anniversary of their Imprisonment
- 2023-03-29Bahrain Summons Iraqi Charge d'affaires over Breaching Diplomatic Norms
التعليقات المنشورة لا تعبر بالضرورة عن رأي الموقع
comments powered by Disqus