Nabeel Rajab’s Trial Postponed Until June 14, Lawyers Demand he Remains in Hospital for 6 Weeks
2017-05-18 - 9:58 م
Bahrain Mirror: The defense committee for Nabeel Rajab said that their client needs to stay in the hospital from 4 to 6 weeks, according to the consultants doctor following up his health status.
Meanwhile, the High Criminal Court adjourned on Wednesday the trial of activist Nabeel Rajab until June 14, 2017, to listen to testimonies of the investigations officer, Al-Wasat local newspaper reported.
Rajab did not attend the Wednesday session as he provided a written letter to the court that he was in the hospital for treatment, and is unable to attend. The letter said his lawyer would be fronting for him.
Lawyers Jalila al-Sayed and Mohammad Al-Jishi attended the trial session on his behalf. Present at the session were representatives of foreign embassies and a representative from the Bahrain National Institution for Human Rights.
Rajab's defense committee indicated its client's health status, indicated that he has been under anesthesia and force sleep due to the constant pain from an injury in his back.
"The medical report said that Rajab is still sleeping and undergoing treatment and daily medication, and needs to continue the daily treatment with sterilization for a period ranging between 4 to 6 weeks, according to the consultant doctor following up his case," the defense committee stated.
Rajab is being tried in this case over tweets on his "Twitter" account, in which he criticized the Saudi-led war on Yemen. Other tweets also mentioned the torture of detainees in Jaw Central Prison during the March 10, 2015 events.
The Bahraini prominent activist faces another case over interviews he's done with foreign media outlets about the human rights situation in Bahrain.
- 2023-03-24Gov't to Refer General Budget to House of Representatives on Monday: Sources
- 2023-03-24On Int'l Day for the Right to the Truth, Salam Demands Revealing Violations
- 2023-03-24US State Department on HR Conditions in Bahrain: Ongoing Torture, Discrimination against Shiites
- 2023-03-23More than 30 Lawyers File Complaints to Prosecute Citizen under Pretext of "offending them"
- 2023-03-23NPRA Employee Sentenced to One Year in Jail for Disclosing Secrets and Photos of People
التعليقات المنشورة لا تعبر بالضرورة عن رأي الموقع
comments powered by Disqus