NIHR Meets UN Deputy High Commissioner for Human Rights in Geneva
2017-05-08 - 9:12 م
Bahrain Mirror: The National Institution for Human Rights (NIHR)'s delegation led by NIHR's Chairman, held a meeting with Kate Gilmore, UN Deputy High Commissioner for Human Rights, in Wilson palace in Geneva on the sideline of the 27th Session of the Universal Periodic Review (UPR).
The institution said in a statement that Al-Faihani presented an overview about the NIHR and results of the remarks made by the Global Alliance of National Human Rights Institutions (GANHRI)'s Sub-Committee on Accreditation that led to an amendment in forming the Council of Commissioners at the NIHR.
Al-Faihani stressed the importance of the role played by the Office of the High Commissioner for Human Rights, and the activation of the capacity-building programme for the NIHR's Council of Commissioners' members and holding training courses with the partnership of Asia Pacific Forum and GANHRI to enhance the NIHR or with the United Nations Development Programme or organs of the United Nations and specialized agencies.
- 2023-03-28HR Organizations Call for Activating "Magnitsky Act" to Hold Perpetrators of Violations Accountable
- 2023-03-28Sayed Al-Ghuraifi Calls for Purifying Climate, Initiating Serious Dialogues
- 2023-03-28Maryam Al-Khawaja: Bahrain Regime Setting up Circumstances to Cause Death of My Father and Other Prisoners, West Government Should Move before It's Late
- 2023-03-26Sheikh Al-Sadadi Calls to Make Use of Holy Month of Ramadan to Resolve Outstanding Issues, Release Prisoners
- 2023-03-24Gov't to Refer General Budget to House of Representatives on Monday: Sources
التعليقات المنشورة لا تعبر بالضرورة عن رأي الموقع
comments powered by Disqus