NIHR Delegation Meets Special Assistant to the High Commissioner in Geneva
2017-05-05 - 8:28 م
Bahrain Mirror: The National Institution for Human Rights (NIHR)'s delegation to the 27th Session of the Universal Periodic Review (UPR), led by NIHR's Chairman, Said bin Mohammed Al-Faihani, met the Chief of the Middle East and North Africa Section at the Office of the High Commissioner for Human Rights (OHCHR), Mohammad Ali Al-Nsour.
NIHR said in a statement that its chief briefed Al-Nsour on the Royal Order 23/2017 on forming the Council of Commissioners at the NIHR, the elections held to elect the panel's chairman and deputy chairman for the a four-year term, as well as on the amendments to the NIHR's law promulgated by Decree-Law 20/2016, all of them were in accordance with the remarks made by the Global Alliance of National Human Rights Institutions (GANHRI)'s Sub-Committee on Accreditation.
Al-Nsour congratulated the chairman and members of the NIHR for their new posts, wishing them every success, according to the statement.
- 2023-03-28HR Organizations Call for Activating "Magnitsky Act" to Hold Perpetrators of Violations Accountable
- 2023-03-28Sayed Al-Ghuraifi Calls for Purifying Climate, Initiating Serious Dialogues
- 2023-03-28Maryam Al-Khawaja: Bahrain Regime Setting up Circumstances to Cause Death of My Father and Other Prisoners, West Government Should Move before It's Late
- 2023-03-26Sheikh Al-Sadadi Calls to Make Use of Holy Month of Ramadan to Resolve Outstanding Issues, Release Prisoners
- 2023-03-24Gov't to Refer General Budget to House of Representatives on Monday: Sources
التعليقات المنشورة لا تعبر بالضرورة عن رأي الموقع
comments powered by Disqus