Geneva: Bahrain MoI Denies Collective Punishment against Detainees in “Jaw”, “Dry Dock” Prisons
2017-04-25 - 7:28 م
Bahrain Mirror: Director of Legal Affairs at the Bahrain's Ministry of Interior Rashid Bunajma, denied the practice of any collective punishment or issuance of any instructions to limit the rights of inmates after the prison break incidents at "Jaw Central Prison" and "Dry Dock" Prison.
His remarks came during the session held Monday (April 24, 2017) in Geneva to present the Bahraini delegation's responses to inquiries by the Committee Against Torture (CAT) in Geneva last Friday (April 21, 2017). This came in the framework of discussing the second and third national periodic reports on Implementation of the Convention against Torture and Other Cruel, Inhuman or Degrading Treatment or Punishment.
"The measures taken by the Interior Ministry after the escape of 10 inmates accused of terrorist cases from Jaw Prison, and killing a police officer, were imposing strict security measures to ensure the entry and exit of security officers and residents residing near the prison. We also increased security guards in the prison," Bunajma noted.
"Regarding the procedures following the incident in which inmates attacked security officers in the Dry Dock Prison, and 17 inmates were able to escape, they were the implementation of strict security measures for entry and exit of Dry Dock. We didn't receive any complaints of collective punishment," Director of Legal Affairs at the Bahrain's Ministry of Interior went on to say.
- 2023-06-06British MP Charged with Racially Aggravated Public Order Offence
- 2023-06-05Sheikh Al-Daihi: No One can Silence Bahraini People's Voice with Imprisonment, Torture and Killing
- 2023-06-05Friday Sermons at Imam Al-Sadiq Mosque Contains "Legal Violations", Justice Ministry Claims
- 2023-06-05Saudi Arabia Executes 3 Youths from Qatif over Fabricated Charges
- 2023-06-04MoI Threatens Al-Markh and Karimi Obsequies of Using Force if They Hold Events Commemorating Imam Khomeini
التعليقات المنشورة لا تعبر بالضرورة عن رأي الموقع
comments powered by Disqus