Bahrain to Discuss Reports before Committee against Torture in Geneva
2017-04-20 - 10:30 م
Bahrain Mirror: Bahrain's Deputy Foreign Minister Abdullah Faisal Al-Dossari confirmed Bahrain's participation in the meetings of the UN Committee Against Torture's 60th session in Geneva between April 18 and May 12, 2017. During those meetings, the second and third national periodic reports will be discussed on Friday (April 21, 2017) over the implementation of the Convention against Torture and other Cruel, Inhuman, and Degrading Treatment or Punishment.
Al-Dossari said his government delegation is ready to review the period reports of Bahrain on its efforts against torture. He noted that in its national reports, Bahrain worked in accordance with Article (19) of the international convention.
The official delegation to take part in the 60th session for the Committee against Torture in Geneva, includes representatives from both Foreign and Interior Ministries, Ombudsmen, Public prosecution, Legislation and Fatwa Authority, Labor Market Regulatory Authority, in addition to the Bahrain's permanent mission to the UN in Geneva.
- 2023-05-27Sheikh Ali Rahma: Scholars Don't Intend to Harass Anyone When Performing their Legitimate Duty
- 2023-05-27Palestinian Prisoners Information Office Pays Tribute to Sheikh Mohammad Sanqour
- 2023-05-27900 Unemployed Bahraini Engineers, Gov't Still Refuses Bahrainization of Jobs
- 2023-05-27Diraz: Mass Protest after Friday Prayer Condemning Sheikh Sanqour's Arrest, Normalization with Zionists
- 2023-05-25Four Detained Scholars Including Al-Wefaq Secretary-General: Sheikh Mohammad Sanqour's Arrest Aims at Silencing Voice of Truth
التعليقات المنشورة لا تعبر بالضرورة عن رأي الموقع
comments powered by Disqus