US Congress Commission Urges Bahrain to Return Nabeel Rajab to Hospital to Receive Necessary Medical Care
2017-04-10 - 7:56 م
Bahrain Mirror- Exclusive: The Tom Lantos Human Rights Commission of the US Congress urged the Bahraini authorities to return Nabeel Rajab to hospital to receive the necessary medical case after undergoing surgery.
The commission announced on its Twitter account that it is "very concerned over reports that Bahraini prisoner of conscience Nabeel Rajab is being denied appropriate post-surgical care".
It added "prisoner of conscience Nabeel Rajab is in solitary with deep open wound. We urge the Bahraini government to get him to a hospital."
It is to mention that the prominent human rights defender Nabeel Rajab, who has been in solitary confinement since his arrest, has recently underwent a surgery. However, the authorities directly returned him to prison, which led to rapid deterioration in his health and as a result he was rushed to the hospital again.
DFP Prisoner of Conscience @NABEELRAJAB is in solitary with deep open wound. We urge the Bahraini government to get him to a hospital.— Human Rts Commission (@TLHumanRights) April 8, 2017
- 2023-03-24Gov't to Refer General Budget to House of Representatives on Monday: Sources
- 2023-03-24On Int'l Day for the Right to the Truth, Salam Demands Revealing Violations
- 2023-03-24US State Department on HR Conditions in Bahrain: Ongoing Torture, Discrimination against Shiites
- 2023-03-23More than 30 Lawyers File Complaints to Prosecute Citizen under Pretext of "offending them"
- 2023-03-23NPRA Employee Sentenced to One Year in Jail for Disclosing Secrets and Photos of People
التعليقات المنشورة لا تعبر بالضرورة عن رأي الموقع
comments powered by Disqus