Bahrain’s Ministry of Foreign Affairs Slams UN HR High Commissioner, Dubs his Statement “Unjustified Allegations”
2017-03-10 - 1:22 ص
Bahrain Mirror: Bahrain's Minister of Foreign Affairs slammed the High Commissioner for Human Rights, Zeid Ra'ad Al-Hussein, over the speech he delivered in the 34th session of the Human Rights Council on Wednesday (March 8, 2017) in Geneva, describing his speech as "Unjustified Allegations".
Assistant Foreign Minister, Abdullah Al-Dossari, said that the ministry will respond to the High Commissioner for Human Rights in "the appropriate way".
He added that the claims and content on the Kingdom in the annual report of the High Commissioner on his activities are repetitive and that they had been answered, which demonstrates their lack of credibility.
Al-Dossari denied the existence of any travel ban imposed against any person in Bahrain, claiming that Bahrain maintains human rights through the "transparent judicial measures". However, these claims are refuted by international human rights organizations.
As for the ban imposed by the Bahraini authorities on the office of high commissioner and that was criticized by Prince Zeid, Al-Dossar said that the relation with the office of high commissioner is built on respect and direct contact, adding that the head of OHCHR middle east regional office visited Bahrain at the end of 2015 and we suggested that he visits it again in 2016, however, the invitation was not met due to the previous conditions proposed by the high commissioner before visiting Bahrain.
- 2023-03-24Gov't to Refer General Budget to House of Representatives on Monday: Sources
- 2023-03-24On Int'l Day for the Right to the Truth, Salam Demands Revealing Violations
- 2023-03-24US State Department on HR Conditions in Bahrain: Ongoing Torture, Discrimination against Shiites
- 2023-03-23More than 30 Lawyers File Complaints to Prosecute Citizen under Pretext of "offending them"
- 2023-03-23NPRA Employee Sentenced to One Year in Jail for Disclosing Secrets and Photos of People
التعليقات المنشورة لا تعبر بالضرورة عن رأي الموقع
comments powered by Disqus