Ban Ki-Moon Bears Saudi Arabia Responsibility of Sanaa Massacre, Says Impunity has only compounded pain
2016-10-12 - 12:57 ص
Bahrain Mirror: The United Nation's Secretary-General Ban Ki-Moon said that the Initial reports from the site of the funeral bombing in Yemen indicate that it was a Saudi-led coalition attack.
He added "aerial attacks by the Saudi-led coalition have already caused immense carnage, and destroyed much of the country's medical facilities and other vital civilian infrastructure. Initial reports from the site of the funeral bombing indicate that it was a coalition attack. Excuses ring hollow given the pattern of violence throughout the conflict. Parties cannot hide behind the fog of this war. A man-made catastrophe is unfolding before our eyes."
"Impunity has only compounded the pain. Despite mounting crimes by all parties to the conflict, we have yet to see the results of any credible investigations," Ban Ki-Moon further stated.
He continued "This latest horrific incident demands a full inquiry. More broadly, there must be accountability for the appalling conduct of this entire war. That is why the United Nations High Commissioner for Human Rights has rightly called for the creation of an international independent body to carry out comprehensive investigations of alleged violations of international humanitarian and human rights law."
The S-G urge the Human Rights Council to fulfil its duty and act.
- 2022-07-07Israel Reaches Record Trade Increase With Arab States Under Abraham Accords
- 2022-06-10Israeli PM Bennett Visits Abu Dhabi, Meets with UAE President
- 2022-06-10Israelis to be Allowed into Qatar for World Cup, Officials Say
- 2022-06-06Biden should not Visit Saudi, Meet Crown Prince: US Lawmaker Adam Schiff
- 2022-06-01Israel Signs UAE Free Trade Deal, Its First in Arab World
التعليقات المنشورة لا تعبر بالضرورة عن رأي الموقع
comments powered by Disqus