Bahrain Denies Ban-Ki Moon’s Raising of Human Rights Issues in his meeting with Bahraini Minister of Foreign Affairs
2016-09-26 - 7:10 م
Bahrain Mirror: Bahrain denied what was published by the UN regarding the secretary-General's discussion of human rights issues when meeting the Bahraini Minister of Foreign Affairs Khalid Al Khalifa.
The Permanent Representative of the Kingdom of Bahrain to the United Nations, Jamal Fares Al-Rowaiei, asserted that the readout issued by the United Nations Secretary General Ban Ki- Moon's office on the meeting between the Minister of Foreign Affairs, Shaikh Khalid bin Ahmed bin Mohammed Al Khalifa, and the Secretary General included topics that were not addressed during the talks.
Ambassador Al-Rowaiei said that the issues raised focused on sustainable development and climate change.
The UN said that Ban-Ki Moon tackled number of issues in his meeting with the Bahraini Minister of Foreign Affairs, including importance of achieving progress on the human rights fields and economic and social developments as well as goal of sustainable development and climate change.
- 2023-03-29British MPs Launch Motion to Release Detained Figures in Bahrain on their 12th Anniversary of their Imprisonment
- 2023-03-29Bahrain Summons Iraqi Charge d'affaires over Breaching Diplomatic Norms
- 2023-03-29Saudi Ambassador Hosts his Iranian Counterpart to Iftar Banquet
- 2023-03-29Saudi Crown Prince, Chinese President Stress "Importance of Strategic Relations with Iran"
- 2023-03-29Bahraini Delegation to Visit Iran as Part of Diplomatic Efforts to Strengthen Relations
التعليقات المنشورة لا تعبر بالضرورة عن رأي الموقع
comments powered by Disqus