Ministry of Foreign Affairs: Bahrain Periodic Report to be Discussed in HRC in February 2017
2016-09-08 - 10:53 م
Bahrain Mirror: The Minister's Assistant for Foreign Affairs Abdullah Faisal Jabur Al-Doseri, said that the National Report is to be discussed in February 2017, as part of the inclusive periodic review mechanism at the UN Human Rights Council in Geneva.
Al-Doseri comments were made at a consultative meeting organized by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs with a number of representatives of government associations, to discuss the draft of the third national report of the inclusive periodic review mechanism.
Bahrain is exposed to harsh criticism from several parties, including the United Nations and its various institutions and United States, which is Bahrain's key ally. Moreover, the Bahraini government received many condemnations from European countries since the beginning of the uprising in February 2011, demanding to put an end to the Al Khalifa monopoly over power.
Bahrain witnessed a sharp deterioration in freedoms and human rights. It recorded thousands of violations carried out by the security apparatuses since the entry of Saudi and Emirati troops in March 2011 to crush the mass protests at the Lualua Roundabout, which led to the martyrdom of dozens of Bahraini, and injury of hundreds of protestors.
- 2023-03-29British MPs Launch Motion to Release Detained Figures in Bahrain on their 12th Anniversary of their Imprisonment
- 2023-03-29Bahrain Summons Iraqi Charge d'affaires over Breaching Diplomatic Norms
- 2023-03-29Saudi Ambassador Hosts his Iranian Counterpart to Iftar Banquet
- 2023-03-29Saudi Crown Prince, Chinese President Stress "Importance of Strategic Relations with Iran"
- 2023-03-29Bahraini Delegation to Visit Iran as Part of Diplomatic Efforts to Strengthen Relations
التعليقات المنشورة لا تعبر بالضرورة عن رأي الموقع
comments powered by Disqus