Local Newspaper: Parliamentary Delegation Leaves to Geneva to Meet High Commissioner for Human Rights
2016-09-05 - 8:52 م
Bahrain Mirror: The local Bahraini Akhbar Al-Khaleej newspaper that has close ties with the Prime Minister said that a parliamentary delegation will head today (Monday, September 5, 2016) to Geneva to meet the high Commissioner for Human Rights Prince Zeid Ra'ad Al Hussein, on the sideline of the 33rd session of the United Nations Human Rights Council (UNHRC), to be held on 13-30 September.
The newspaper added that the Vice-President of the Council of Representatives Ali Al-Aradi will head the delegation that will include Majeed Al-Asfoor, Jalal Kadhem and Ibrahim Al-Hammadi. The aim of this visit is to "transfer true information and explain the human rights situation in Bahrain", the newspaper added.
The UNHRC is supposed to discuss Bahrain's file in February within the Universal Periodic Review that takes place every four years.
- 2023-04-01Amnesty's 2022 Annual Report: Bahrain Continues to Restrict Freedom of expression, Hold Prisoners and Torture Them
- 2023-04-01Cassation Court Hands Down One Month Jail Term to Citizen over "Insulting Public Employee"
- 2023-04-01Bahrain Buys US Weapons, Military Equipment Worth $350 Million amid High Public Debt, Taxes Hike
- 2023-03-29British MPs Launch Motion to Release Detained Figures in Bahrain on their 12th Anniversary of their Imprisonment
- 2023-03-29Bahrain Summons Iraqi Charge d'affaires over Breaching Diplomatic Norms
التعليقات المنشورة لا تعبر بالضرورة عن رأي الموقع
comments powered by Disqus