Bahraini FM Accuses UNHRC of “Politicization and Blackmail”
2016-08-30 - 2:59 م
Bahrain Mirror: The Bahraini Foreign Minister Khalid bin Ahmad Al Khalifa attacked the UN Human Rights Council on Monday (August 29, 2016), accusing it of "politicization".
During a joint press conference held with the head of the Arab League Ahmed Aboul-Gheit in the Bahraini capital Manama, Al Khalifa said that Bahrain "will not for one moment heed any voices from outside trying to blackmail it, especially the Human Rights Council," according to the Bahrain News Agency (BNA).
The FM also criticized the alleged "politicization" in the HRC, calling on the Office of the UN High Commissioner for Human Rights to "treat Bahrain with seriousness."
He further claimed that Bahrain is "one of the most cooperative countries with the Human Rights Council," adding that the HRC has lately politicized many things. "We don't care about that and it will not affect us at all," he asserted.
The Government of Bahrain is facing a wave of severe criticism from the UNHRC, which has urged putting an end to the serious human rights violations in the country since the uprising erupted in February 2011.
- 2023-03-19Bahrain Almost Ignited Crisis with Cyprus by Raising Flag of Cypriot Territory occupied by Turkey in IPU Meetings
- 2023-03-17Sarhan: Families of 138 Detained Children Complains about Delay in Applying Article 87 of Restorative Justice for Children
- 2023-03-17Bahrain Ignores Danish Delegation Request to IPU to Visit Abdulhadi Al-Khawaja
- 2023-03-17Detainee Serving Life Term Sentence Calls on Int’l Monitors to Visit Prisons
- 2023-03-17ADHRB to UN: What are Your Steps to Hold Bahrain Accountable for Spying on Dissidents?
التعليقات المنشورة لا تعبر بالضرورة عن رأي الموقع
comments powered by Disqus