Khalifa bin Salman Denies Targeting of Shiites
2016-08-18 - 6:50 م
Bahrain Mirror: In an indirect response to the statement of the UN experts that was issued few days ago, Bahrain's Prime Minister Khalifa bin Salman Al Khalifa denied the government's targeting of Shia majority in the county.
Khalifa bin Salman stated "all citizens in the Kingdom are equal in right and duty. The government does not target any of its citizens apart from the provision of their welfare and only works in their interest."
"The government does not tolerate malpractices incriminated under the law including the incitement of terrorism, violence, and the dissemination of divisionism or sectarianism," the PM added.
The PM stressed "The government is committed to maintain security and stability and to tackle any attempt aimed to drag the country into insecurity, instability or undermine civic peace in the kingdom," claiming that "Bahrain's achievements in the prosperous era of King Hamad bin Isa Al Khalifa cannot be denied except by hateful malicious anti-Bahrain mindsets." He also warned from "false reports being exploited by international organizations to defame Bahrain or to slander its accomplished human rights and democratic achievements and gains."
The Shiite majority in Bahrain complain about discrimination, noting that the reports of the international organization, UN and that of the religious freedoms, recently issued by the US State Department, documented the discrimination against Shiites.
Shiites are demanding to put an end to Al Khalifa monopoly over power and to elect a new PM instead of Khalifa bin Salman who has been in his post since 46 years, which makes him the longest-serving PM in the world.
- 2023-03-29British MPs Launch Motion to Release Detained Figures in Bahrain on their 12th Anniversary of their Imprisonment
- 2023-03-29Bahrain Summons Iraqi Charge d'affaires over Breaching Diplomatic Norms
- 2023-03-29Saudi Ambassador Hosts his Iranian Counterpart to Iftar Banquet
- 2023-03-29Saudi Crown Prince, Chinese President Stress "Importance of Strategic Relations with Iran"
- 2023-03-29Bahraini Delegation to Visit Iran as Part of Diplomatic Efforts to Strengthen Relations
التعليقات المنشورة لا تعبر بالضرورة عن رأي الموقع
comments powered by Disqus