Front Line Defenders Voices Concern over Rearrest of Rajab & Travel Ban imposed on Activists
2016-06-16 - 10:20 م
Bahrain Mirror: Front Line Defenders expressed "strong concern" for the rearrest and ongoing harassment of the president of Bahrain Center for Human Rights Nabeel Rajab, calling for immediately releasing him and dropping the charges outstanding against him.
The organization also condemned preventing human rights defenders, Hussain Radhi, Ebtisam Al-Saegh and Ibrahim Al-Demistani from travelling to Geneva to participate in UNHRC session.
Front Line Defenders believes that the ongoing proceedings against Nabeel Rajab and the travel bans imposed against the three human rights defenders are solely motivated by the their peaceful and legitimate activities in the defence of human rights.
The organization urged to lift the travel ban against human rights defenders and "guarantee in all circumstances that all human rights defenders in Bahrain are able to carry out their legitimate human rights activities, nationally and internationally, without fear of reprisals and free of all restrictions including judicial harassment."
- 2023-06-06British MP Charged with Racially Aggravated Public Order Offence
- 2023-06-05Sheikh Al-Daihi: No One can Silence Bahraini People's Voice with Imprisonment, Torture and Killing
- 2023-06-05Friday Sermons at Imam Al-Sadiq Mosque Contains "Legal Violations", Justice Ministry Claims
- 2023-06-05Saudi Arabia Executes 3 Youths from Qatif over Fabricated Charges
- 2023-06-04MoI Threatens Al-Markh and Karimi Obsequies of Using Force if They Hold Events Commemorating Imam Khomeini
التعليقات المنشورة لا تعبر بالضرورة عن رأي الموقع
comments powered by Disqus