BBC: Wave of Anger following Arrest of Nabeel Rajab
2016-06-16 - 12:25 ص
Bahrain Mirror: The British BBC said that social media users in the Arab World were deeply concerned with the news regarding "the arrest of Bahrain human rights activist Nabeel Rajab."
It added in a report that "Rajab's family said that the Bahraini police arrested him after they raided his home in the early hours of Monday. His wife Soumaya Rajab confirmed, on her Twitter account, that her husband was arrested, adding that their home was searched."
"Many tweeters condemned the arrest of Rajab. Nabeel Rajab's name was mentioned in the most used hashtags in Bahrain on Tuesday morning," BBC added. One of the users tweeted: "Despite Rajab's international popularity and all calls to release him, he remains behind bars and faces baseless charges." Meanwhile an Egyptian activist compared Rajab to Egyptian activist Ala'a Abdulfattah and tweeted: "Rajab in Bahrain is just like Abdulfattah in Egypt...When anything happens the authorities directly arrest him."
- 2023-06-06British MP Charged with Racially Aggravated Public Order Offence
- 2023-06-05Sheikh Al-Daihi: No One can Silence Bahraini People's Voice with Imprisonment, Torture and Killing
- 2023-06-05Friday Sermons at Imam Al-Sadiq Mosque Contains "Legal Violations", Justice Ministry Claims
- 2023-06-05Saudi Arabia Executes 3 Youths from Qatif over Fabricated Charges
- 2023-06-04MoI Threatens Al-Markh and Karimi Obsequies of Using Force if They Hold Events Commemorating Imam Khomeini
التعليقات المنشورة لا تعبر بالضرورة عن رأي الموقع
comments powered by Disqus