Akhbar Al-Khaleej Slams BBC Journalists as Biased Leftists
2015-09-16 - 9:39 م
Bahrain Mirror: Editor-In-Chief of Akhbar Al-Khaleej newspaper, which has close ties with the Bahraini Prime Minister, Anwar Abdulrahman, attacked for the third time in a row the British Broadcasting Corporation (BBC), which he accused of being "biased and dishonest."
Criticizing the BBC's policy for its coverage of the Yemen war, he added: "It no longer sees the truth and doesn't want to see it even if it is standing naked in front of it as bright and clear as the sun," referring to a question a presenter asked a British MP about the duty "to launch an investigation into Saudi Arabia's use of British weapons in Yemen."
"It is obvious that the elite BBC journalists who have high salaries and leftist views, and who write the media coverage agendas, don't like to be criticized by anyone or have their views challenged," he further stated.
"This is fake journalism and cannot be respected. What happened is a manifestation of the truth that the BBC has become an ideologist propaganda TV station that doesn't hesitate to deform the truth," he added, wondering "why a famous channel like this would insist on distorting its image and reveal itself in this image that isn't worthy of respect or honor in the public's point of view?"
Concluding his article, Abdulrahman also called on British MPs to assume what he described as "moral responsibility" by "launching a comprehensive investigation into the practices of the BBC and "put an end to its blatant bias and save us from these ideologists."
- 2023-03-23More than 30 Lawyers File Complaints to Prosecute Citizen under Pretext of "offending them"
- 2023-03-23NPRA Employee Sentenced to One Year in Jail for Disclosing Secrets and Photos of People
- 2023-03-22Interior Minister Says "Open Prison" Stage will Begin in Ramadan
- 2023-03-22Finance Ministry: Bahrain's Public Debt Amounts to BD16.7 Billion
- 2023-03-20Abdulwahab Hussein Calls for Dedicating Day to Prisoners to be Commemorated Annually
التعليقات المنشورة لا تعبر بالضرورة عن رأي الموقع
comments powered by Disqus