Iran to Hold Talks with Gulf States
2015-08-15 - 9:35 م
Bahrain Mirror (DPA): Iran disclosed that it will hold talks with the six members of the Gulf Cooperation Council (GCC) on Syria and Yemen and countering the terrorist so-called Islamic State in Iraq and Greater Syria (ISIS) effectively.
Iran's Deputy Foreign Minister for Arab-African Affairs Hossain Amir Abdollahian told ISNA on Friday about the talks.
Abdollahian added that the talks with Bahrain, Qatar, Kuwait, Oman, Saudi Arabia and the United Arab Emirates are to take place in one of the states in the region or in a neutral location.
The course of negotiations to be held in September comes after the success of the nuclear deal reached in Geneva between Iran and the six world powers, putting an end to Tehran's international isolation which Iran said will provide a foundation for cooperation with neighboring countries.
According to Tehran, defeating ISIS will not be achieved without a joint policy on Syria and Yemen. Turkey may also take part in these discussions.
It is noteworthy that Iran is the only major regional ally of the Syrian President, Bashar Al-Assad, Hezbollah and the Houthis in Yemen.
- 2023-05-293 HR Organizations: Saudi Execution of Two Detained Bahrainis is Extrajudicial Killing
- 2023-05-29Bahrain Scholars: Sadiq Thamer and Jaafar Sultan are Two of the Nation's Martyrs
- 2023-05-29Sheikh Ali Salman Offers Condolences to Parents of Two Martyrs Sadiq Thamer, Jaafar Sultan
- 2023-05-29ADHRB: Execution of Two Bahrainis Brings Total Number of Executions in Saudi Arabia to 38
- 2023-05-29BFHR: Saudi Arabia Executes Two Bahrainis after Sham Trial
التعليقات المنشورة لا تعبر بالضرورة عن رأي الموقع
comments powered by Disqus